Laws on film production safety and wellbeing




I looked into regulations to ensure the wellbeing and safety of anyone involved in my documentary production. I have researched into this so that anyone working on my production set will be as safe as possible and have a very low chance of being injured or hurt. Here is what I have found that is applicable to my production.


Here is what the British Film Commission say about health and safety regulations

You will need the full co-operation of the local police force if you plan to film on a public highway or use special effects, explosives or fire arms (including replicas). You will also need permission to portray uniformed police officers or marked police vehicles on film.

You should inform the local police force in writing of any planned filming within its jurisdiction. The UK screen agencies can help you arrange this process. 


This would apply as I plan to film plastic waste by the side of the road due to the fact that a large number of plastic is either dumped or thrown out there.

When filming I plan on waring a bright jumper or coat to ensure that I am seen by passing cars. 


I plan to film footage of the landscape with a DJI phantom 2 Drone so I have looked more into laws concerning the flight of the device:

1) Do not fly above 120 meters/ 400 feet as you could risk colliding with an aircraft possibly endangering the lives of others.



2) When filming ensure that you keep a minimum distance of 50 meters between your drone and both model aircrafts and people. Unless the people are involved in the production. 



3) You should never fly over areas with crowded people as it is difficult to move away quickly. examples of this would include:
.Shopping aresa
.Sports events
.Music festivals



4) Keep a minimum distance of 150 meters from residential, recreational, commercial or industrial areas.



5) Do NOT fly anywhere near airfields, space ports or aircrafts unless given permission from the airfield. You must remain no closer than 5km.



Here are some more regulations I have found because they might apply when I go and film:


Further proportions I have taken include purchasing a first aid kit and scouting the locations before filming as to assess the dangers of a given location.


 

Comments

Popular Posts