Green screening

 

I looked into green screening as it could come in handy when trying to show a specific scene or appearance that I cant shoot normally. This video I made will explain my findings. I will also point out that before you watch the video there is three types of screens: red screen, blue screen then green screen. Green screens are used more and more in horror. In the early days horror was known for its lower budget production where make-up, sound and clever editing helped create the suspense and fear. As the popularity of the genre grew, production companies were able to invest more in the productions and larger scale productions began. This is where green screens became more prevalent. This blog has helped me see why such effects can be useful. To create and play on the supernatural feel, such advances allow for more scary imaginings and allows them to be more realistic. I am interested to see if I can work a green screen in and at this early stage I am just looking to keep my options open. The green screen could be used to create a more isolated back drop for the setting – the genre code is common in horror as often with these isolated locations comes a sense of loneliness and helplessness. I am limited to locations near to home and school as a result of COVID19 lock down and so the green screen would allow me a broader set of locations. Testing will be key as I am keen for the final effect to look realistic as the sense of plausibility and possibility are also important for maximum scares in a the genre. The audience need to feel it is possible to feel authentic fear.

here are some examples of how a screen can be used 










 

Comments

Popular Posts