Blare witch story board


 




Below is an example of me making a visual storyboard on one of the blare with project scenes. This helped me pick out key scenes to show what was happening as well as developing my drawing skills.
From this I can now see that I need to mow incorporate words and develop my drawing skills.

Completing this storyboard allowed me to watch and analyse the film footage and attempt to re-create it for myself. This was good as it enabled me to go back over camera shots and angles and made me really take note of edits. I found the drawing of the images a challenge but I enjoyed this challenge. I found the process time consuming as sketching is not my forte but the activity as a whole reminded me of the need for accurate and detailed images to better support final filming.

 

I was able to re-create shots but am aware that in my focus on the images I did not consider the written element that is so valuable. In a storyboard the image is useful to visualise a scene. The written detail is paramount though as that is what allows you to establish camera movement, sound, edits and timings. I am going to go on to produce a storyboard for my preliminary task and in it I will look to add more written detail. I want to learn more about storyboarding before this point and so will look to speak with my teacher but will also explore online tutorials to learn more independently.  

  

 



Comments

Popular Posts