Practicing stop start motion


In the past I have had lots of experience with stop start animation however, in recent years I have primarily focused in other areas of film. As I thought it would be a good idea to include a stop start motion of a plastic water bottles journey, I set about familiarising myself with the process once more. 

 
This was my first attempt where I quickly noticed that I had to use a camera stand the end video would appear to shake and more about, ultimately looking messy and rushed. Secondly, the movements of the bottle between each frame was to large or too small.


For my second attempt I used a camera stand and ensured that each movement of the bottle was measured and the same as the last. This proved to be a useful exercise as it was a reminder to how I should shoot stop start animation and improve on past work. Lastly I discovered that you may need to take a few extra shots of the object depending on how slow you would like the action sequence of a given slot. 

Comments

Popular Posts