Reflection on process


I have briefly reflected on my process in the planning of my production as well as the production process itself. This has allowed me to write about what was difficult and the challenges I have overcome. 

 When producing my final product I found that sound editing and planning was my biggest challenge as I had previously had trouble with this area. The planning was in my opinion the most difficult as I had to establish a story line involving key representations and key elements relating to my target audience. When editing my final draft I found that Da Vinci Resolve 16 was easier to use than expected as I had previously used Adobe premiere pro and Hit film express. One thing I did note was that the fading in and out of sound wasn't the smoothest editing tool and could have been more flexible. Over all editing was my easiest process, filming the footage was more better the second time round due to better communication between actors and myself. 


Firstly my process of creating this product involved a lot of research of the film industry regarding major film conglomerates, representations, codes and conventions, key areas in the narrative, target audience and historical evolution of the horror genre. After all my research I developed storyline ideas then moved onto developing storyboards and risk assessments. I found the risk assessments tedious as I didn't want to make any error due to the fact that I wanted to ensure the safety of my actors. After developing a final risk assessment I focused on creating my own production company introduction. While doing this I was busy making nates on how to improve my production so that the final draft was the best it could be. I presented my criticism in video form so that when filming my final draft I could use this as a visual guide.  

While on my journey I have acquired many skills but have been faced with many challenges to overcome such as: key fact notation, deciphering meaning from a media text and proper understanding and use of media terminology as well as understanding and remembering key genre theorists.   

Comments

Popular Posts